As the calendar progresses toward the vernal equinox, our landscape remains buried under two feet of snow and ice. But signs of spring are everywhere.
* We can now see out the windows at suppertime.
* Seed consumption at the bird feeders has dropped significantly.
* The cats want to go outside again.
* Everybody in the household (human and quadruped) has started shedding.
* Maple sugaring has begun.
Unlike previous years at this time, the forecast is for a long stretch of sunny weather with moderate temps. I'm hoping we get lucky and just melt into spring without further drama.
But even if a classic March blizzard comes through, those other signs of spring make it clear that the season has turned and the worst is over. Hooray!
Author: The Mobius Striptease (e-novel, Club Lighthouse Publishing)
Open Your Heart with Gardens (nonfiction, DreamTime Publishing)
First-year blog archives at www.dreamtimepublishing.com
Editing Business: DocuMania (www.documania.us)